- DO subscribe to our favorite magazines - they are worth .02 -.05 cents a day
- DO challenge our own creativity whether it is decorating or cooking.
- DO shop locally, support favorite stores, local boutiques & fairs, American designers.
- DO take pride in your home. Take the time to discover and invest in your own personal style.
- DO donate something used for every new item you bring into your home.
Each piece is hand painted with environmentally safe, non toxic, low - no VOC paints and sealers and shipped with recycled packaging.
Have you priced hand painted furniture for your kids recently? These tables & chairs are in stock at an affordable $325 each.
A blend of European Charm with a Fresh Twist
"Michael shares my vision for creating a family friendly feel to our new home and incorporating some new perspectives from some of America's greatest artists and designers." says Michelle.(Chicago Sun Times)
The best art shows and auctions are coming up in New York. Will the Obamas be buying? Or will they be heading to Williams Sonoma for accessories? I look forward to seeing how he will decorate the rooms for Malia and Sasha? eco friendly paint?
- Create a Storyboard/ Vision Board - Add a cork Bulletin Board to your office. And if you have children consider the laundry area or playroom..and make it a family project. Flip through old magazines and favorite items and create a collage about what is meaningful to you and your family for 2009. Post special family photos; inspirational words; favorite activities; places you would all like to explore or vacation to this year; a pet you may hope to rescue; a school you may be applying to etc. Throughout the year take the time to look at the board, add new images and follow your dreams.
- Prioritize Time for Yourself - Taking a few minutes of personal time for special thoughts will help clarify each day. Honor the moments with a new, beautiful journal or eco weekly planner.
- De Clutter & Donate - It's time. Clean out your office, closets and your kid's rooms. If you have not worn it in the last two seasons, you must get rid of it because you will never wear it. Box up financials and return holiday gifts that have not been used. When it comes to toys, ask your child to name their favorites and let them participate in the process of cleaning up. Those that are still taking up too much space but may be special can be moved to a best friend's or Grandma’s house. Then take a trip with your child to the nearest goodwill or consignment shop and donate the remaining toys and clothes.
- Personalize your Space - Add stylish, personalized buckets and boxes to every room. Whether it is the remote, magazines, papers or toys, every family member will enjoy knowing that their is a special, designated personalized space for them to store their favorite things.
- Protect Photos & Drawings - Go through your old photos and any drawings by the kids that may be laying around and organize and label them in shoe boxes or containers that you may already have in the house. They will hold and protect many more memories than old albums. If you have young children, you may want to select a few favorite drawings, frame them and hang them around your home.
I love everything Provence so the lavender collection from their soaps to hand cream are all time favorites. Just the sheer scent transports me to the South of France.
Today I tried the Olive Express Eye Treatment and was thrilled with the results. In seconds my under eye area was radiant. For $10 it's a CLB Must Have for all of us on the go.
Bare Escentuals. 100% Pure, All Natural, Easy To Use, No Makeup Remover Necessary, Lasts Forever...and oh the packaging is super cute! So who could resist being good to yourself. And don't miss the little pots of color for your eyes and every mood too. I just found the lid primer in a stick which helps them last all day. My Fave: Faux Tan, the perfect all over bronzer.
Now for the even better news, if you are in South Florida check out their new boutique at the Aventura Mall.
What are your faves?
What are your New Year's resolutions? One of mine: More blogging. We'll focus on a few favorites this month. So, please feel free to comment, email us and send in questions. What is inspiring you? Are you thinking of decorating, but need to affordably and not sure where to begin? Valentine's day gifts, already? Trying to go green - not sure how?
We thank you so much for reading and look forward to a great year. We are also thinking of all those who are in need and so hopeful for the promise of change.
Wishing you all our very best for a healthy and happy 2009!